Who we are
This website is hosted and managed by MX5 Europe Ltd. Under the “Data Protection Laws” (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), as amended or supplemented), MX5 Europe Ltd is a “controller” of personal information. You should contact us if you have any questions about the use of your personal information collected through the website.
Obtaining your personal information
When you process an order on the site
We will collect basic information about you including your name, email address, telephone number and postal address.
We use the information that we collect to:
- create and maintain your account;
- track the status of orders that you place with us;
- allow you to log in to the Site.
When you place an order
You can place an order with MX5 Europe Ltd. online. When you place an order with us, we will collect from you your name, address, contact details, delivery preferences, and information about the products you have ordered.
We will use the information that we collect to:
- process your order and ensure that any products ordered are delivered to the address
- contact you to confirm that we are fulfilling the order in accordance with your instructions and according to our own high standards;
- contact you to provide or obtain any other pertinent information concerning your order;
- process any request that you make to return or cancel products that you order.
When you contact us by email
When you enquire about products offered by MX5 Europe Ltd. through the Site or otherwise, we will collect any information about you that you choose to give us, and will use the contact details and other information that you have provided to respond to you.
Any feedback that you provide will help us to understand how our products are perceived by our customers and which of our products and services are of most interest. We may use such information to tailor our service offerings and improve our product and service offerings for the benefit of our members generally.
Our legal basis for using your personal information
Performance of the Terms and Conditions between you and MX5 Europe Ltd.
If you are purchasing products or services for your own private and domestic use (or are intending to), our Terms and Conditions of Sale will apply. If you then create an account on our Site or place an order with us, our legal basis for processing your personal information is that it is necessary for the performance of the Terms and Conditions of Sale between you and us.
How we may share personal information
In order to source the product that you require and ensure that it is delivered as quickly as possible, it sometimes may be necessary for us to pass the delivery address details to a third party supplier acting on our behalf to enable them to dispatch the goods that you have ordered directly to you. However, your order will always be managed by MX5 Europe and we will only provide our suppliers with the minimum information necessary to facilitate the delivery of the goods to you, such as your name, address and the details of the products to be supplied, as well as, in some cases, your phone number and/or email address to allow our suppliers to update you on the delivery progress of your order.
In addition to any external supplier, we may also disclose personal information we hold about you to:
- our service providers, including IT hosting companies;
- payment service providers;
- professional advisors such as attorneys, accountants, auditors, financial and other professionals;
- regulatory authorities, including tax authorities; and
- law enforcement agencies, courts and other relevant tribunals.
We may also collect the domain name and email address of visitors to this website and those that communicate with us via email. We may also collect other aggregate information, e.g. information about the pages users access or visit and the transactions they perform there and any other information volunteered by the user, such as survey information and/or site registrations. We can also identify the web browser that the user is using and the way in which the user has accessed our website, e.g. via a particular hyperlink or link contained within marketing. The information we collect in this way is used for internal review and improvement purposes, e.g. to improve and/or customise the content, and/or layout of our websites for our users or each individual user. This information is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
Data protection & information security
You can help to protect your personal information by ensuring that you keep your login password secure. We also recommend that you log out of your account once you have completed your transaction or enquiry, especially if you are using a shared computer.
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we collect about you. These may include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified.
You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine readable format. To make any such request about any personal information that we are holding about you, please email info
We may require you to prove that you are the person who is the subject of the information that we are holding before disclosing it to you.
You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to a local supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Links to Other Websites
Retention of Personal Information
The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation:
- if you have signed up for an account on our Site, we will store your personal information and the information in your account for as long as is necessary to provide the account, and for the period for which you or we could bring legal proceedings in relation to the running of your account;
- if you order a product through our Site, we will store your personal information and information about your order for as long as is necessary to comply with applicable tax legislation, and for the period for which you or we could bring legal proceedings in relation to your order.
Our aim is to ensure that we offer you the very best personal service; the kind of service you want and the products you need. Your views are important to us; it would therefore greatly assist us if you could let us know of any way that we can improve our service to you by contacting us at [email protected]
Thank you for your valued custom.